I was at Kroger last night, thumbing through my Kroger App for coupons and their Simple Truth 5x event was going on for health foods, organic baking (I use coconut sugar when I bake. A LOT better for you than white sugar as white sugar comes from Sugar Beets! and that is bad for your health!) .. then I saw a Simple Truth 5x Event Coupon for tea. I love tea! I love to drink 2 cups a day…
calms me down when I am stressed….. and did you know that tea has a LONG history???
He was amazed by this new magic, that the emperor dedicated his life to the invention of Tea Brews and the magic the comes out of each. From this time until now, mages, witches and alchemists have tried very hard in order to find the perfect brew to heal each illness and sickness.
Green Tea Ceremony :
I am sure you have once heard about the “Green Tea Ceremony”, when I took Japanese class in high school, I thought there was something magical about the green tea ceremony. I did a report on it and presented it to the class. The class was afraid to try it because it isn’t sweet (no sugar added). Since then (and this was in 1997!), I try to have a cup of green tea (matcha) every single day.
The Japanese tea ceremony, also known as the Way of Tea, is a Japanese cultural activity involving the ceremonial preparation and presentation of matcha, powdered green tea. In Japanese, it is called chanoyu or sadō, chadō, while the manner in which it is performed, or the art of its performance, is called temae.
White Tea vs. Green Tea
Also, did you know that, black tea is fully fermented? Yep! It is! Why? It is because they are so gently treated, white tea and green tea retain their content of beneficial antioxidants.
What is interesting is that studies have shown that the young, white tea leaves retain antioxidants in higher concentrations than green tea does. Studies have shown that white tea has a concentration of antioxidants that is three times higher than in green tea. Essentially, white tea contains the same concentrations of antioxidants as the young and fresh tea leaf buds that are still attached to the bush. This makes white tea the tea with the highest antioxidant content, which for many is the main reason for drinking white tea. For comparison, one cup of white tea contains approximately twelve (12) times as much antioxidants as fresh orange juice.
White tea contains less caffeine than green tea, about 15 mg per serving compared to the 20 mg for green tea. If caffeine tends to make you jittery, white tea may be the better choice.
Studies of white tea:
1. “Past studies have shown that green tea stimulates the immune system to fight disease,” says Milton Schiffenbauer, Ph.D., a microbiologist and professor in the Department of Biology at Pace University’s Dyson College of Arts & Sciences and primary author of the research. “Our research shows White Tea Extract can actually destroy in vitro the organisms that cause disease. Study after study with tea extract proves that it has many healing properties. This is not an old wives tale, it’s a fact.”
White tea was more effective than green tea at inactivating bacterial viruses. Results obtained with the bacterial virus, a model system; suggest that WTE may have an anti-viral effect on human pathogenic viruses. The addition of White Tea Extract to various toothpastes enhanced the anti-microbial effect of these oral agents.
Studies have also indicated that WTE has an anti-fungal effect on Penicillium chrysogenum and Saccharomyces cerevisiae. In the presence of WTE, Penicillium spores and Saccharomyces cerevisiae yeast cells were totally inactivated. It is suggested that WTE may have an anti-fungal effect on pathogenic fungi.
Some interesting facts to note how amazing and beneficial white tea is :
- The anti-viral and anti-bacterial effect of white tea (Stash and Templar brands) is greater than that of green tea.
- The anti-viral and anti-bacterial effect of several toothpastes including Aim, Aquafresh, Colgate, Crest and Orajel was enhanced by the addition of white tea extract.
- White tea extract exhibited an anti-fungal effect on both Penicillium chrysogenum and Saccharomyces cerevisiae.
• White tea extract may have application in the inactivation of pathogenic human microbes, i.e., bacteria, viruses, and fungi.2. Possible anti-obesity effects of white tea have been demonstrated in a series of experiments on human fat cells (adipocytes). Researchers have now shown that an extract of the herbal brew effectively inhibits the generation of new adipocytes and stimulates fat mobilization from mature fat cells.
Marc Winnefeld led a team of researchers from Beiersdorf AG, Germany, who studied the biological effects of an extract of white tea – the least processed version of the tea plant Camellia sinensis. He said, “In the industrialized countries, the rising incidence of obesity-associated disorders including cardiovascular diseases and diabetes constitutes a growing problem. We’ve shown that white tea may be an ideal natural source of slimming substances”.
After treating lab-cultured human pre-adipocytes with the tea extract, the authors found that fat incorporation during the genesis of new adipocytes was reduced. According to Winnefeld, “The extract solution induced a decrease in the expression of genes associated with the growth of new fat cells, while also prompting existing adipocytes to break down the fat they contain”.
White tea is made from the buds and first leaves of the plant used to make green tea and the black tea most commonly drunk in Western countries.
Element: Air and Fire
Planet: Mars and Sun
Magical Properties of White Tea:
A fun Spell using White tea: Instant Magical Awakening Spell :
This spell is simple; it is good for your mind, body and soul. Just hold a tea bag; and before drinking- close your eyes and visualize the flow of beautiful peaceful magical Energy in your body.
Remember: magic is energy; energy is magic.
- Magic runs freely in you as it is part of who you are. Feel the magic in you vibrating from the white tea. Now think and visualize the energy inside your every cell activating your very essence.
- You wake up. Your Magic is more powerful than ever before
- . You are connected with the Divine.
- After you did all of that, just, Sit back, relax and enjoy your tea!
What is the magic spell that you did? You washed all the negative energy away…. and THAT , my friends is pure magic!